Welcome to the documentation for EOmaps!
EOmaps is a Python package to visualize and analyze geographical datasets.
It is built on top of
cartopy and aims to provide an
intuitive and easy-to-use interface to handle the following tasks:
▶ Speed up and simplify the creation and comparison of maps
▶ Visualize small datasets as well as millions of datapoints
▶ Handle 1D and 2D datasets and create plots from NetCDF, GeoTIFF or CSV files
▶ Take care of re-projecting the data
▶ Compare or overlay different plot-layers and WebMap services
▶ Use the maps as interactive data-analysis widgets (e.g. execute functions if you click on the map)
▶ Provide a versatile set of tools to customize the maps
▶ Arrange multiple maps in one figure
▶ Get a nice colorbar with a histogram on top
▶ Export high resolution images
A detailed overview on how to use EOmaps is given in the 🌍 Users Guide.
Make sure to check out the 🗺 EOmaps examples for an overview of the capabilities (incl. source code)!
- 🗺 EOmaps examples
- Basic data visualization
- Customize the appearance of the plot
- Data-classification and multiple Maps in a figure
- Callbacks - turn your maps into interactive widgets
- Overlays, markers and annotations
- WebMap services and layer-switching
- Vektor data - interactive geometries
- Using Scalebars
- Data analysis widgets - Timeseries and histograms
- Data analysis widgets - Select 1D slices of a 2D dataset
- Inset-maps - get a zoomed-in view on selected areas
- Lines and Annotations
- Gridlines and Grid Labels
- Contour plots and Contour Levels